Fix the issue “Yahoo Connection To Server Failed”
If the ‘Connection to server failed’ problem occurs, follow the Yahoo Connection To Server steps described below.
Step 1 – Encryption:
iOS Mail app:
- Update your iOS device’s operating system to the most recent version, because an older version of the iOS device will only apply the older settings.
- You must have the most recent server settings in order to access your Yahoo Mail account.
- After that, follow the instructions below to remove and re-add the Yahoo Mail account on your iOS device.
- Open settings on your iOS device and choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Click your Yahoo Mail account and then select the Delete Account option, followed by the Delete option.
- This will delete the Yahoo Mail account on the iOS device.
- To open the Settings application, tap the Settings icon. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars ⟶ Add Account ⟶ Yahoo.
- Fill out all of required fields, then click the Next button, then to the Save button.
Android Mail app:
- Go to the home screen of your Android phone after upgrading the operating system.
- Touch Settings ⟶ Accounts ⟶ Email, pick your Yahoo Mail account, and then tap the Remove Account option twice.
- After that, re-add the Yahoo Mail account to the Android phone.
- Go to the Settings tab select Account ⟶ Add Account ⟶ Email ⟶ Others, then enter your Yahoo Mail account’s email address and password.
- Click the Next option twice fill out Description and Name fields, and then select the Next icon again.
- If you’re using an email client to access your Yahoo Mail account, make sure the server settings are correct to avoid the connection to server failed issue.
- The Yahoo Mail account settings are available here.
Incoming Mail Server:
- Server – imap.mail.yahoo.com (IMAP) or pop.mail.yahoo.com (POP)
- Port – 993 (IMAP) or 995 (POP)
- Authentication – SSL required
Outgoing Mail Server:
- Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Port – 587 (TLS) or 465 (SSL)
- Authentication – SSL or TLS is required.
- To avoid the connection to server failed issue, ensure that the web browser you use to access your Yahoo Mail account is up to current.
Step 2 – Password:
- Reset or change your Yahoo Mail account’s password.
- The steps for changing the password on your Yahoo Mail account are shown below.
On a web browser:
- Click to the Yahoo Mail account’s security page.
- Choose the Change Password option, enter a password, and then click the Continue button.
Yahoo Mail app:
- Open the Yahoo Mail app on your mobile device.
- Tap the Menu or hamburger icon and then select Manage Accounts.
- Click the Account Info button, then the Security Settings button.
- Enter your security code, then press the Change Password button and select ‘I’d rather change my password.
- Enter a new password for your Yahoo Mail account and press the Continue button.
Step 3 – Blocking the port:
- Firewalls, antivirus software, and network protocols may sometimes block mail server ports.
- Unblock the ports and check to see whether the problem has gone away.
- Our experts can help you in fixing the connection to server failed issue on Yahoo.
Follow more information, CLICK HERE