Nick July 16, 202138 views
Yahoo is a well-known email service provider. You may configure your Yahoo email account on any email client by using POP or IMAP as the incoming mail server and SMTP as the outgoing mail server. This section will walk you through the process of configuring Yahoo pop settings using POP and SMTP server settings. The POP or Post Office Protocol server option allows you to access your Yahoo account via a desktop or mobile app. If POP is selected as the incoming mail server method, the email messages will be saved to the local email client. Here are steps of Set Yahoo Pop Settings:
POP Server Settings
- pop.mail.yahoo.com is the server address.
- 995 is the port number
- Yes, SSL is required.
SMTP server settings
- smtp.mail.yahoo.com is the server address.
- 465 or 587 as a port number
- Yes, SSL is required. You may use TLS if it is available.
- The login information will be your email address and password from your Yahoo account.
Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2013 or 2016
Both the manual and automatic methods for Yahoo Pop Settings are discussed here.
Method of Automation:
- Open the Outlook 2013 or 2016 app on your Device.
- Select the File tab, then Account Settings.
- The Account Settings dialogue box will now appear.
- In this box, select the Email option, then New.
- The dialogue window for Adding a New Account will now appear.
- Select the Configure the new email account automatically checkbox.
- Fill up the blanks with your name, email address, and password.
- Retype your Yahoo Mail password if asked.
- Finally, press the Finish and Exit keys.
- On the Add New Account chat box, select the Manual setup or other server types radio button.
- Select either POP or IMAP.
- Fill up the text fields below the User Information section with your name and Yahoo Mail account’s email address.
- Choose POP from the Account Type drop-down menu.
- Fill up the incoming and outgoing mail server addresses correctly.
- Fill out the blanks below the Logon Information section in the same way.
- Then, select More Settings, followed by the Advanced tab.
- In the appropriate fields, enter the incoming and outgoing port numbers correctly.
- Click the OK button, then the Test Account Settings button.
- Do all remaining instructions to finish the setup.
- Please contact us if you need remote support Set Yahoo Pop Settings.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: CLICK HERE